Saturday, May 03, 2008

Repository of Rides



I will be creating an account on the Map My Ride website for all PBC members to access ride routes. This site permits the creation and viewing of routes in map, satellite, topographical, or hybrid views. I will post the account name and password in the near future, so stay tuned. You may upload any route you already have created using the Map My Ride tools, or that you have created using topographical software, or simply a text based cue sheet or map. Eventually, we will have a repository of all of our favorite rides that all members may access at any time. The link for the Map My Ride website is already on our main page, on the right hand side, under the heading "Our Favorite Spots."

On a personal note, I upgraded to Cat 3 based on my road race results in 2007, but do not have medical clearance to race this year due to my spinal cord injury resulting from the OTH accident last August during the D2R2 endurance ride, which prevented me from competing the Green Mountain Stage Race. I will be competing in the Mt. Ascutney, Mt. Agamenticus, and Mt. Greylock time trials, and participating in endurance events (Brevets, Length of the State ride). I will be having spinal cord surgery in the fall and recovering during the winter (no cross-country skiing for a second consecutive winter).

If you have any suggestions for future posts, please let me know.

Will, PBC, Inc. President

No comments: